Experience the Magic of Morocco
May 21 to May 31, 2022
The land where Africa and Europe meet, Morocco is steeped in history, culture, and tradition.
Booked by Iman is partnering with Sahara Desert Travel for a road trip through Morocco.
Group Size: 10 travelers
Morocco Road Trip Highlights
Gnawa Musical Performance
Glamping in the Sahara
Photo Shoot in the Blue City
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival in Casablanca
Welcome to Casablanca! You’ll be greeted by a member of the Sahara Desert Travel team, who will bring you to the hotel. Get to know your fellow travelers at our welcome dinner as we break bread over a traditional meal.
Day 2: Casablanca
casablanca | Chefchaouen
The morning starts with a visit to the majestic Hassan II Mosque, the third largest in the world. Afterward, our Morocco road trip begins as we depart for Chefchaouen, the famous Blue City. We’ll pass by the coast, then drive through the Rif Mountains, stopping for lunch along the way.
The group will arrive in Chefchaouen in the evening, where we’ll spend the night.
Driving Time: 5 hours
Day 3: Chefchaouen
ChefchaoueN | Fes
Chefchaouen, known as the Blue Pearl, attracts visitors from around the world due to its gorgeous blue houses and artistic atmosphere. Come camera ready for our group photo shoot at the most iconic spots.
After the photo shoot, you’ll have time to explore this beautiful town on your own.
Around 3 PM we’ll depart from Chefchaouen and head to Fes, Morocco’s oldest city and our home base for the next two nights.
Driving Time: 3 hours
Day 4: Fes
Fes City Tour
See the highlights of the historic city of Fes on this full day tour. We begin at the King’s Palace, where we’ll take in views of the city before visiting a ceramic atelier.
The tour continues as we immerse ourselves in the 100 year-old medina, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The day ends with a visit to the city’s many craft markets, including the colorful leather tannery.
Day 5: Fes to Merzouga
Ifrane | Azrou | Ziz Valley | Merzouga
Our Morocco road trip continues with a day-long journey to the Sahara Desert! The group will depart from Fes around 8 AM.
The first stop is Ifrane, the most famous ski resort in all of Africa. We’ll continue on to Azrou National Park, where we’ll see monkeys in their national habitat.
The third stop is the photogenic Ziz Valley, home to the country’s largest palm grove. The last stop is Merzouga, a small village on the outskirts of the Sahara Desert. We’ll finish the final part of our journey to our luxury desert camp on camel back.
Enjoy the desert sunset, starry night sky, and Berber music played in front of a bonfire!
Our overnight stay in the desert includes a tent (3-4 people/tent) with a private bathroom and hot water shower.
Driving Time: 7 hours
Day 6: Sahara Desert
Sahara dunes | Khamlia | Merzouga
After admiring the sunrise and enjoying breakfast, we return to Merzouga via a camel ride.
The morning will be spent taking a thrilling ride in the Sahara’s sand dunes. Get your cameras ready as there will be plenty of beautiful spots for photos.
The day continues with a visit to the nomadic families living in the desert. Hear how they live in this extreme climate.
Our last stop is the village of Khamila, home to a community of sub-Saharan Africans. Experience a Gnawa traditional music performance, a mix of Islamic religious songs and African rhythms.
Spend the afternoon relaxing poolside at our hotel in Merzouga or enjoy the sunset during an (optional) ATV ride through the sand dunes.
Driving Time: 4 hours
Day 7: Merzouga to
Todra Gorge | Boumalne Dades
The last leg of our Morocco road trip is the 2-day journey to Marrakech. The first stop is Todra Gorge, a deep canyon with walls reaching almost 1,000 feet tall. Nearby is Tinerhir, a scenic valley rich in palm groves and Berber villages.
Our drive takes us to the Dades Valley next, where you can marvel at the red mountains and visit hospitable Berber villages.
We’ll spend the night in the charming town of Boumalne Dades.
Driving Time: 5 hours
Day 8: Boumalne Dades
Ouarzazate | Ait Ben Haddou | Marrakech
Day two of our journey to Marrakech starts with a visit to Ouarzazate, the town known as the Hollywood of Africa. Use your free time to visit Taourirt Kasbah or Atlas Studios (both optional), where the films Jewel of the Nile and Kingdom of Heaven were filmed.
The film theme continues at the second stop of the day, UNESCO World Heritage site Ait Ben Haddou. Known for its stunning clay architecture, it has been featured in many popular films, including Gladiator and Alexander. You will have time to explore the city and climb the fortress, which boasts beautiful views.
The final stretch of our trip takes us through the Atlas Mountains. Enjoy exceptional views of the mountain range as we drive through the highest pass, Tizi n’Tichka.
Our road trip ends with our arrival in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
Driving Time: 6 hours
Day 9: Marrakech
Cooking Class | Traditional Hammam
After our long drive through the Atlas Mountains, we’ll ease into exploring Marrakech.
In the morning your culinary skills will be put to the test at a Moroccan cooking class. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts with a tasty lunch made by you!
Spend the late afternoon relaxing at a traditional Moroccan hammam. This experience includes a steam room, bath, scrub, and clay body mask. Finish your rejuvenating spa experience with a relaxing argan oil massage.
For dinner we’ll enjoy views of the city from one of Marrakech’s many rooftop restaurants.
Day 10: Marrakech
Marrakech City Tour | FAREWell Dinner
The day starts with a guided tour of Marrakech. We’ll visit Koutoubia Mosque, the Saadian tombs and Bahia Palace. Our guide will take us inside the souk, Marrakech’s famous market, and explain the local delicacies you can find.
After lunch on your own, we’ll head outside the city center to Yves Saint Laurent’s Jardin Majorelle (optional).
Our experience in Morocco ends with a farewell dinner at Comptoir Darna. Known for its lively atmosphere and belly dance performances, it will be a memorable final night in Marrakech.
Day 11: Departure
Departure from Marrakech
Depart Marrakech with new travel buddies and lifelong memories. Transportation to the airport is provided by Sahara Desert Travel.
- Accommodation for 10 nights at 4-star hotels (Double occupancy room)
- Breakfast and dinner throughout trip
- All tours and excursions indicated in itinerary, unless marked as optional
- Ground transportation to all activities indicated in itinerary
- Transportation to/from airport
- Booked by Iman on-site host
- 24 hour assistance from Booked by Iman and Sahara Desert Travel staff
What’s Not Included
- Lunches and any additional meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Any tours or activities listed as optional in the itinerary
- Tours and excursions not indicated in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (required to participate)
- Passport and visa fees
- Drinks and Alcohol
- This trip starts in Casablanca and ends in Marrakech.
- A passport valid for 6 months after your return date is required for entry into Morocco.
- A tourist visa is not required for American citizens visiting for less than 90 days. Please consult the U.S. State Department or your country’s corresponding Moroccan embassy to confirm visa requirements.
- Morocco currently requires visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present a negative COVID-19 test, taken 48 hours prior to departure, for entry into the country. The entire group must adhere to local safety guidelines including wearing a mask and social distancing.
- Travel insurance, including emergency medical, evacuation, and repatriation coverage, must be purchased before departure in order to participate. Square Mouth is a great resource for finding travel insurance.
- We will be traveling by car between multiple cities for the entire trip. You should be comfortable riding in a car for long periods of time.
- This trip involves visiting remote destinations. Wi-Fi access may be spotty or not available depending on the location we’re visiting.
The total cost of this trip is $2,000. If paid in full, the discounted rate is $1,850.
You may also opt to pay in installments. A $250 deposit is required to secure your spot on the trip, followed by 7 payments of $250 due on the 15th of each month. Your trip must be paid in full by February 15, 2022.
- Deposit: $250
- 1st Payment: August 15, 2021
- 2nd Payment: September 15, 2021
- 3rd Payment: October 15, 2021
- 4th Payment: November 15, 2021
- 5th Payment: December 15, 2021
- 6th Payment: January 15, 2022
- Final Payment: February 15, 2022
What People Say
I am glad my friends and I chose Sahara Desert Travel. The transportation is comfortable and the highlight was the stay at the luxury camp at the Sahara desert!Karina H, TripAdvisor review
Terms and Conditions
Booked by Iman understands circumstances may arise that prevent you from attending the trip and will make every effort to provide a refund. All trip deposits and payments are refundable up to 100 days prior to the trip start date.
99 days or less prior to the trip start date, deposits are non-refundable. All other payments, excluding your deposit, will be refunded, minus any unrecoverable costs.
Please read the complete Terms & Conditions before purchasing.